Thursday, February 5, 2009

It's the brace again!

This has be shortest time that it has taken for Karston's brace to brake. Yep, it happened again. This time it is not cracked or broken in a way that affected by how active he can be. This time it seems that the plastic has a huge dent in it right on the edge next to his ankle. There is a strap that comes across his foot at that same place and I am wondering if the pressure of the strap, the shoe and how active Karston can be might be the issue this time. This strap is a new feature that was added with this new brace. Well, this time I was able to get on in touch with the orthotist within a day of us noticing it. The problem is that the Orthotist has left the country and won't be back for a few weeks.

Karston can't wear the brace right now because the dent has cut into his foot. I just worry about how active he is without the brace. We must get this figured out!

No comments: